Fair Trade is an issue that’s close to our hearts. However, our stance on Fair Trade goes beyond tea. Fair Trade products include coffee, cocoa, sugar, honey, flowers, gold, handicrafts and more. Regardless of the material, it’s amazing what a difference that we, as citizens of first world countries, can make with a few small changes.
Interested in making a difference with Fair Trade? Here are five ways you can get involved with Fair Trade and change the lives of international workers for the better:
- Like us, you can opt for Fair Trade teas whenever possible. They’re increasingly available, and the more people buy them, the more available they will become.
- Encourage your local cafe to serve only Fair Trade Certified Tea.
- Look for the Fair Trade certification logo in other purchasing decisions, particularly for labor-intensive products like cocoa and sugar.
- Organize a Fair Trade event at your school, place of worship or home.
- Offer Fair Trade products through your business. This could mean retailing Fair Trade products, giving Fair Trade caswsazworporate gifts or simply switching the coffee and tea in the break room to Fair Trade.
- Donate to causes like the empowerment of female workers, the education of farmers’ children or the health of third-world farming communities.
How do you support Fair Trade? Share your tips for a fairer world in the comments below.